I hope this series of blog posts has helped you get so good at sleeping that you can do it with your eyes closed!
A few final suggestions to help you fall asleep quickly:
- Make sure that mattresses and pillows are comfortable
- Keep bedrooms clean and decluttered
- Keep electronics out of the bedroom
- Turn the thermostat down (even a few degrees makes all the difference)
- Complete an exercise program in the morning. (Research has shown this decreases stress hormones and improves serotonin levels)
- Get plenty of sunlight during the day to stabilize circadian rhythms
- Use essential oils to encourage relaxation and sleep
- Listen to soothing music before bedtime
- Relaxation exercises or certain types of yoga may also be helpful
Until next time, may your sleep be restful and restorative!
If you have suggestions for blog topics, please feel free to contact me!